The Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners is the state agency responsible for enforcing the Plumbing License Law which includes examining, licensing, and regulating individuals involved in installing, repairing, or inspecting plumbing in the State of Texas.
WHICH COMPLAINTS ARE WITHIN THE BOARD'S JURISDICTION?
Any valid complaint regarding the installation, repair, or inspection of plumbing in the State of Texas, if performed by a licensee or registrant of this agency; or any valid complaint regarding the installation, repair, or inspection of plumbing in the State of Texas within a city or connected to a public water system whether the individual who performed the work is licensed or registered by this agency or not.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader plug-in to view the form. Click to download the plug-in.
HOW DO I FILE A COMPLAINT?
Click here for a complaint form
A complaint may be filed by contacting the Complaint Department at (800) 845-6584, extension 65249, or by mail to the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners, Attention Complaint Department, P.O. Box 4200, Austin, TX 78765-4200, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS THE COMPLAINT PROCESS?
- At the time that you contact the Complaint Department and it is determined that your complaint is within the Board's jurisdiction, information regarding the nature of your complaint will be taken, your complaint will be assigned a Complaint Number and a Field Representative will be assigned to investigate the complaint.
- The information will be forwarded to the Field Representative assigned to the complaint and you will be contacted by the Field Representative within a few days.
- You will be sent a letter acknowledging your complaint. If you have not already provided a written statement in your own words describing the circumstances that lead to filing the complaint, you will also be sent a form to allow you to do so. Your written statement, including dates, times, copies of contracts, receipts, photographs, et cetera, will be very helpful in the investigation. If you need assistance in this matter, the Field Representative will be happy to assist you.
- In addition to an interview by the Field Representative, the person complained against will be provided a copy of the complaint and asked to respond in writing to the Board. You will be provided a copy of that response.
- The investigation will be reviewed by the Board's Complaint Department or Enforcement Committee. If a violation of the Plumbing License Law or Board Rules is found, the result could be one or a combination of the following:
- Citation or citations issued.
- Administrative or civil penalty.
- License reprimand, probation, suspension, or revocation.